Thank you to Michael Stewart
for allowing me to reproduce photos of some of the items in his
impressive collection of railway tickets. Please scroll down this
page to see the tickets, or click here to
Types of Ticket
Michael has provided a
colourful collection of tickets. Almost every ticket below is a
different colour and style.
- The first five tickets in this section are all for bicycles.
The seventh is for a dog
- Several of the tickets have serial no. 000 or 001, including
one for a 'Hunting Horse Only' between Saughton and Linlithgow.
- There are tickets for travel by:
- cheap train
- local train
- through train and
- There are:
- Sleeping Car ticket
- First Class tickets
- Third Class tickets and
- Tickets valid only on Workmen's Trains
- There are tickets for
- Golfer to Turnhouse
- Medical Golf Party to Gullane
- Military on Duty (2/3 rate)
- Workmen to North Leith
- Admiralty Workers to Rosyth.
- Perambulator accompanied by passenger and
- Fish Creel from Musselburgh
Who was LS Knoblauch Esq. who had return tickets from Peebles to
Edinburgh specially printed for his guests in July 1903?