"This is Trinity Academy in 1955,
showing the steps between the pillars at the front, leading to the
Headmaster's Office. This was opposite the Tuck Shop (out of
picture on the right).
This winter scene remained
the same through the 1950s.
The gymnasium is in the
background, to the east, has now
been replaced by a much larger building and the
entrance from the playground up to the first floor has replaced the
basement entrance at the rear.
Railway lines in a triangle
used to surround the school. These have been filled in or have
become cycle paths/walks.
In the 1950s, David Kilpatrick's
was still a separate school and Holy Cross Academy was at the other side
of Victoria Park."
Jim Macfarlane, Edinburgh, August 14, 2007 + December 19,