This view looks to the west from the tower of
St Stephen's church, towards Stockbridge.
- In the centre of this photo is the
church at the corner of Deanhaugh Street and Leslie Place, now
converted to housing.
- The tenements in the road leading across the bottom of the
photo are in Hamilton Place.
- The Water of Leith cannot
be seen. It flows between Hamilton Place and the church .
- The road leading up towards the top-right corner of the photo is
Raeburn Place, the main shopping
street of Stockbridge.
- The large building in the centre of the photo at the top is
Flora Stevenson School at Comely Bank.
- The long, low building in the upper-right corner is
Broughton School in East Fettes
Avenue, close to Inverleith Park.
- Inverleith Park is just out
of the photo, at the top right corner.