This view looks to the south from the tower of
St Stephen's church.
- In the foreground is St Vincent Street, leading to the traffic
lights at the junction of Howe Street (straight ahead) and North West
Circus Place (leading to the right towards Stockbridge).
- Near the top of the picture, Heriot Row crosses Howe
Street. To the south of Heriot Row, the trees of Queen Street
Gardens can be seen.
- Prominent features on the skyline are (left to right):
- The crown tower of St Giles Church.
- The high steeple of The Hub, formerly Tolbooth St
- Edinburgh Castle.
- Pentland Hills.