This view looks to the north from the tower of
St Stephen's church.
- New housing is in the foreground.
- In the middle distance:
- the low building near the centre of the photo is Edinburgh
Academy, 42 Henderson Row.
- the large building on the right was formerly a
cable car powerhouse and depot, built for the Edinburgh Northern Tramway
Company depot. It later became a police garage. It was
redeveloped in 1991 as offices for Scottish Life Assurance Co, retaining
its original facade.
- the large white house is in Inverleith Terrace, and the trees behind are
in the Botanic Garden at Inverleith.
- the Firth of Forth and the southern shore of Fife can be seen in the