This view looks
across Princes Street to St John's Church on the southern side of the
street, at the corner of Princes Street and Lothian Road.
This photo was taken on
November 30, 2010, after the first heavy snowfall of the winter. It
was unusual to see more pedestrians than traffic using the street.
On the right is the
frontage of the Caledonian Hotel, built of red sandstone in 1899-1903.