This photo of the statue
suspended over the entrance to Waverley Market was taken in 1961
from Waverley Bridge looking towards Forsyth's store (now
Topshop) in Princes Street.
The statue was created
by the American-born modern British sculptor, Jacob Epstein
(1880-1959) in 1958 to be displayed on the wall of the newly-built
Coventry Cathedral. Read more about the sculptor on this wiki