This photograph was taken from the tower on
Corstorphine Hill. This view looks to the east towards East Lothian
and the centre of
- At the upper-left corner the hills of
East Lothian can be seen; also the light chimneys of Cockenzie Power
Station beside the Firth of Forth in East Lothian.
- From left to right along the Edinburgh
- The National Monument (several pillars
can be seen) on Calton Hill.
- The Nelson Monument (in the shape of a
telescope standing on its end) on Calton Hill.
- The clock tower of the North British
- The high dark spire of the Scott Monument
in Princes Street.
- The light green dome of St George's
Church, now New Register House, in Charlotte Square.
- The green dome of the Head Office of Bank
of Scotland, now part of HBoS, at the top of the mound (caught in the
- The high spire of The Hub, at the
foot of Castle Hill, extending just above Salisbury Crags
- Edinburgh Castle (in the shade). It
appears to be just beneath Salisbury Crags in this view.