This photograph was taken on Christmas Eve, 2010 from the Radical Road.
At the top of the photo, the monuments on
Calton Hill, can be
seen. They are (left to right):
- Dugald Stewart Monument (above St Andrew's House)
- Observatory House (recently restored)
- City Observatory (low, with dome)
- Nelson Monument (tall, in the shape of an upturned telescope)
- National Monument (an unfinished copy of the Parthenon)
The snow-covered hills of Fife, about ten miles to the north, can be
seen in the background.
The two large buildings below Calton Hill are in Regent Road.
LEFT: The Government Offices,
St Andrew's House
RIGHT: The former Royal High School