lodge can be found on the left hand side of the road just after entering
Holyrood Park at St Leonard's from Holyrood Park Road.
are similar lodges by several of the gates to Holyrood Park, all built in
1857. They are by the architect, Robert Matheson, who designed New
Register House at the East End of Princes Street.
photograph was taken on January 3, 2008, the first day that snow fell in
Edinburgh during the winter of 2007-08.