The Life of Jesus Christ
In June, the Dundas Estate, the grounds of Dundas Castle at South
Queensferry, becomes the venue for a five-hour
play, 'The Life of Jesus Christ'. The play is presented by over 100 amateur and
June 2006, is the fourth year that the play has been staged on the
Dundas Estate. The play is, directed by Suzanne Lofthus of Cutting
There are performances daily from Wednesday 7 June to Sunday 11 June. The
audience follow the performance from one scene to the next, around the grounds
of the Dundas Estate.
For the play:
- the stable and inn at Bethlehem are to the east of Dundas
- the eastern end of Dundas Loch becomes the River Jordan
- the western end of Dundas Loch becomes the Sea of Galilee
- the walled garden becomes the City of Jerusalem
- the ice house becomes Jesus' tomb.