Cramond Beach

Beside the Firth of Forth
about 5 miles NW of the centre of Edinburgh

June 18, 1961

Photograph taken by Charles W Cushman in 1961 - Cramond Beach, Edinburgh

  Indiana University, Charles W Cushman Collection                                                                                                 Archive ID:  P12354

 

Enlarge this photo

    Photograph taken by Charles W Cushman in 1961 - Cramond Beach, Edinburgh

 

Cramond Beach

1961

This photo was taken on Kodachrome film by amateur photographer, Charles W Cushman (1896-1972) from the USA during his visit to Edinburgh in 1961.

The photo was taken on June 18, 1961, looking to the east along the shore of the Firth of Forth.  Silverknowes promenade runs beside the coast, below the grassy slope in the distance.

Granton

One of the gas holders at Granton Gas Works can be seen in the background. Granton Gas Works have now closed.  The gas holder was demolished in 2004.

Edinburgh Waterfront  -  Demolition of one of the gasometers by controlled explosion  -  15 August 2004  -  Falling!

Cramond

Here are some more views of Cramond

View of Cramond from the Dalmeny Estate  -  November 2005

 

Cramond

Around Edinburgh

 

 

__________________