Peffermill Road (on left) leads into Niddrie Mains Road and on towards Musselburgh
Craigmillar Castle Grove used to run between the two curved sections of houses to join Peffermill Road
This 1960 photo shows the same houses as in the lower-left corner of the photo above
© Reproduced with acknowledgement to Sandra Givan, Craigmillar, Edinburgh
This 1940 map shows where the 1960 photo above was taken from.