This view of a lemonade lorry parked at the side
of a cobbled Arthur Street, with its local shops, gas lamp and people
chatting in the street is brings back memories of the 1950s. It was
taken in 1959.
The large photograph above was one of several dozen taken in 1959 by Adam H
Malcolm in the Dumbiedykes area of Edinburgh. These photographs were
taken shortly before the houses were demolished. Adam H Malcolm donated these photographs to the Edinburgh City
Libraries in the 1960s and they can now be found in the Library's
Edinburgh Room Collection.