description on the back
of this card reads:
"The Church of St Giles is an interesting
building, and ranks as one of the earliest edifices in Edinburgh.
The exact date of its foundation is unknown, but a church has been
standing on this spot from very early times. The interior of the
building measures 196 feet by 125 feet.
The church was greatly spoiled at the
restoration in 1829, the exterior quite losing its antique appearance, but
thanks to Dr. William Chambers the interior was brought to its current
condition in 1883, the cost being £50,000."