This is one of the postcards in the J M Caledonia series presented as
if the picture has been mounted in a wooden frame.
The card was posted from Edinburgh to London in 1907.
The National Galleries are in the foreground, with the Mound in front
of them, leading from Princes Street (left) to the Royal Mile (out of
In the background are from left to right:
- Princes Street
- The Scott Monument
- The North British (now Balmoral) Hotel
- Nelson Monument on Calton Hill (on the skyline)
- Calton Jail
On the back of the card, J M & Co's name appears in a small diamond
logo. In later cards the company would use a 'shield' logo
containing an intertwined 'J' and 'M'.