View from Lindsay Street
This photograph looks into the entrance to Fort House, from
North Fort Street.
Fort House was built
on the site of Leith Fort. Some of the high walls that
surrounded Leith Fort and the old guard house at the entrance are
still standing. The guard house can be seen in this photo.
There is a plaque on the outside of the wall beside this
entrance. The plaque reads:
DESIGNED BY JAMES
CRAIG IN 1779
DEMOLISHED IN 1950S