Canonmills
Baptist Church

Canonmills, Edinburgh

2011

Canonmills Baptist Church

  peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk                                                                                                            Photo taken; February 24, 2011

 

Canonmills

Baptist Church

The old church here is on the main road leading from the traffic lights at Brandon Terrace, beside the bridge at Canonmills to the traffic lights at the junction with Broughton Road.  It is opposite the Esso petrol station.

This view looks to the west towards the church and the tenements at the corner of Canonmills and Brandon Terrace

Baptist Church

Please click on the thumbnail image below to zoom-in to the bicentenary notice on the wall of the church and read more about the church:

Bicentenary Notice on Canonmills Baptist Church wall  -  1810 to 2010

Robert Louis Stevenson

There is also a rectangular plaque on the church wall.  It is to the right of the window.  It has the head of Robert Louis Stevenson in relief at the top, followed by this message:

IN THIS HALL

ROBERT

LOUIS

STEVENSON

FIRST WENT

TO SCHOOL

Circa 1857

 

 

Canonmills

Around Edinburgh

 

__________________