Bruce Peebles moved to East Pilton in 1903.
This photograph looks
to the south towards the Bruce Peebles factory and beyond it
towards the Firth of Forth and Fife. The photo appears to
have been taken from high on a building close to Ferry Road.
The photo was taken on March 2, 1955.
The buildings are (left to right):
- Transformer Dept. A new purpose-built transformer
factory was later built behind this Transformer Dept.
Construction began in 1961.
- Welding Dept.
- Rotating Electrical Machinery and Rectifier
- General Stores
The company remained at East Pilton, manufacturing transformers
until 1999 when it suffered a serious fire. The fire
occurred in the transformer factory that was built in the early