was one of the several impressive Bank Head Offices
in Edinburgh in the 19th century. This building is
numbered 38-39 St Andrew Square. It was designed by David
Brice and built in 1851-52.
It became a Bank of Scotland
Building following the takeover of the British Linen Bank by Bank
of Scotland, then a HBoS building following the merger of Bank of
Scotland and Halifax Building Society.
Please click on the image below to see an
early engraving of the building at the time that it was the
British Linen Bank's Head Office: